Come away with me to my little corner of the World

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
—Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

NINCOMPOOP>? YOUcompoop!

I do agree that our generation is being perhaps crippled by technology and has led to a media-fed age of children growing up with less tactical skills and instead knowing what myspace is, or how to tevo their afternoon spongebob episode. However, I don't think its appropriate for this author to pass judgement on our generation as "the dumbest" where I'm sure any other generation has its fair share of ignorant, incompetent, no nothings. 
This very topic arouse in a recent conversation I had with a friend, who had sent me something he wrote. He asked, "what do you think of it?" and I told him, "it is really good, honestly." He then said, "thank you, my friends told me it was good too but what do they know, all they read is facebook statuses all day." This is sad but true. I can also surely say that literature and reading are a dying species as we continue to enter the world of touch screen phones and playaways. But, to each his one and if one is a nincompoop in this generation they would have surely been one in another. 

1 comment: